Monday, January 9, 2012

DAT!NG ROUND 2 .............. according to Dee

Guess who's back?!?!?! And with more fun filled, real life experiences! I am hoping that those who take the time to read (and if that's you, thank you) can learn something from my "dating" experience(s). Whether you are learning to recognize the signs so you can avoid these AWKWARD situations or you can learn NOT TO DO THEM!!!!! I am hoping more of the latter happens, cause let's face it.... MEN... we can't live with them AND we definitely can't live without them! So what do you do when you are STUCK in the middle?!?!?! Well, let me tell you (let me rephrase that, men, let me tell YOU what NOT to do) and hopefully, you won't be STUCK in the what feels like the NEVER ending circle of dating!


Well, if I didn't learn from the first online dating episode, you would think I would've learned from this one. So Mr. hotshot quarterback from a "small" college, that should've been sign number one, who's ever heard of Aurora University, you say, WHERE? Exactly! So pressing forward, a few years younger than myself, hey who says you can't train a man, well, ladies let me tell you, YOU CAN'T!!!! Well, at least not at the prime age of 24. Now that I look back, was I trying to rob the cradle??? I guess my next blog will be about self-esteem! ha So anyhow, this "man" said all the right things, don't they all when you are all goo goo gaga over someone?!?! So he wanted to be all about someone, learn as much as he could about me, thought I was the coolest thing since sliced bread, (that's the only thing he was truthful about, ME, being the coolest thing) Anyhow, so online dating, of course, leads me to guys who are not in the town of Vail, AZ, or at the time, Mesa, AZ.... so he was in Chicago area, cause once again, we don't know where Aurora is, and he really, really, I mean, really wanted to come down and see me. Since he was from the valley it worked out well that he could stay with family. So we had a little discussion about him coming to visit that I didn't want to have a family reunion because it was a time for us to get to know one another better and to see if we wanted to move forward. So, both being poor college students "we", (I'll come back to that) decided to split the cost of the airfare. So he suggested that I pay for it and he would bring his half with him, (mistake number TWO, hello, I'm not even going to pretend I am over that mistake) So he comes down, I pick him up from the airport and he's cute, fun, and holds my hand... pitter patter goes the heart. So we hang out for a bit and then he goes to his house for the night. So the next morning I was awakened by his phone call to tell me we were going to his nephews and nieces soccer games. (remember the talk we had?!?!! no family reunion?!?! ya well, keep reading) So I went to the soccer game, no big deal, it was a nice sunny day out. So then we ended up there a good portion of the day, then I toted him around to find a bank that he could pay his rent, which he was so flustered over. (i don't know why a roommate couldn't take care of that, but, anyhow) Then i dropped brother off at the mall and we went back to get ready to make a trek down to Tucson, including an awkward conversation with my twin in which he proceeded to say, "she sounds hot", AWKWARD!. (mistake number THREE.... introducing him to my parents. I have learned now, that no one gets to meet my parents until pretty much the guy wants to ask for my hand in marriage, ha, it saves a lot of embarrassment and questions from the WHOLE family of soooo, how are things, etc.) Not that my parents are scary or anything, these guys just don't get the luxury to know my family anymore until it's somethin' serious. So heading back to Phoenix..... loooooooooooong drive. So the next day and night comes and I have family dinner with his WHOLE family. As we show up to the house I was told some very interesting and uncomfortable information which I will leave out of this post. So we are hanging outside and the nephews are playing football and of course he has to show off his "talent" and throws the football at his sister's face and knocks her glasses off. Family feud begins and my awkward scale increases. So family gets over the feud and the night gets better because I spend it with the cutest two girls jumping on the trampoline. The final day arrives for the star quarterback to head home and he does. OH YEAH.. guess what didn't happen?!!?!?! He didn't pay for his half of the flight........ EXACTLY what I was thinking! So as you could tell by this "guy" being in this blog it doesn't end well. So wishy washy quarterback doesn't know if he wants to have a relationship etc etc and communication heads to ground zero. So in my final semester of my masters degree I've got crazy stuff going on, big projects, huge papers, etc... and I finally hear from this guy and he states..... You know, you don't have to act like you hate me... I said I didn't etc etc and as I am getting off the phone, (this explains the whole situation in just this statement) he asks, So, what color panties are you wearing!?!?! And this is after he called me psycho like a BAGILLION



I will leave this blog with one example of what some would call a dating life, I like to call it, INSANITY. At times I really sit and wonder, what am I doing wrong? What else can I do? Should I even keep trying? Why can't men be like Coca-Cola? oh ya, where can I freeze my eggs... I mean these things really go through my mind.

Until I find the one guy that can prove that not all guys are the same, you can count on me for some dating do's and don'ts entertainment!

No comments:

Post a Comment